Thursday, July 10, 2014

Emphasizing with the Scientist.

To get an understanding of the process of the researchers in Agumbe Rainforest Research Station, we had to find a spot and sit and observe for hours, to understand the time and effort taken by them to document information about species and ecosystems.

In my first attempt, I managed to observe, a children's park for two hours, by documented everything from the strength of the breeze to the sounds from a far away construction.




however, It did not give a sense of the space around, the texture and the smells. I needed to concentrate more on the senses. the kinds of people inhabited, the rituals and activities that existed around, the insects and patterns in the sand etc.

In my second try, I sat down with a book and noted every thing that triggered my senses, I followed the age groups of the people around, the locations with the most activities etc.





Using this material, I created a touch point matrix, ONLY explaining the movement of the people spotted.

No comments:

Post a Comment